Meet The Team
At Move Athleisure we are not only friends, we're family. Starting a company of this magnitude can be crazy at times, but we want you to know these friendly faces are here for you!
Kara Baker- Owner
- Kara's concept for Move Athleisure was originally just a day dream. After making leaps to better her life and find a greater purpose at age 50, Move Athleisure was born.
- Kara is a loving mother of 3 (4 counting her toy Aussie Lilly) and a graduate of Texas Cristian University. Her athleisure expertise blossomed by learning alongside her business partner who owns an athletic boutique in Longview.
- Move Athleisure is more than just athleisure thanks to Kara. Our 2nd greatest mission is giving back to our community and local non-profit organizations. Since opening she has given back to Starpoint School at TCU, animal rescue organizations, breast cancer charities and many more. Additionally she donates athleisure to SafeHaven, a women's clinic for women and children seeking refuge.
Lawrence Woodson- Director of Operations & Ecommerce
- Lawrence is our on-call athleisure expert looking to help at any hour (817)584-2248 . She begun working at Move in July of 2018 and has worn several different hats in the company from personal assistant to website construction.
- Lawrence graduated from The University of Alabama (roll tide) in 2017 with a degree in Restaurant and Hospitality management. After a years of styling culinary works for editorials and working as a private chef out of college, she decided her calling was in the athletic industry. However, she will be launching a blog on our site for healthy recipes very soon! Stay tuned!